Thursday, May 12, 2005

It's a girl! Wait...

He's a girl.... I mean I think they are all girls. This is a good thing. This means no aggressive future breeding issues.

After some research by Rodney and some follow-up research by me, we've determined that Riley and Rivers are girls, not boys. We confirmed that Tammy was indeed a girl as well. This leaves us at a quandary. Rivers is ok for a girl's name, so we left the little red-eared slider her name. However, Riley is not a girl name (though I know someone who knows a girl named Riley), at least I don't like it as a girl's name. So, we've renamed Riley, Bree. Rodney and I like it, so that's the way it is going to stay. I actually decided on Bree because it sounds pretty and I was reading about Bree, the desperate housewife on that show, and I thought it sounded good for a turtle.

It's actually good that it's Bree and not another R name. I kept mixing up the R names even though I knew which was which. Bre is a type of cheese and since cheese is usually yellow (stereotypically), Bree can be a play on Bre, too.

Anyways, it is now the future family of Tamara, Rodney, Tammy, Bree, and Rivers. Hopefully, we can add Maxwell (a dog) to that list soon.

No comments: