Sunday, March 04, 2007

Plus Size Models

I was watching Tyra on America's Next Top Model (yeah, I know....) and it actually irritated me. They have two models on there that they are calling "Plus Size." In fact, they were saying that models are plus size when they are size 12 or 14. I, personally, have always thought that plus sizes were 14W+. When I saw those two gals, I thought they were beautiful and definitely not Plus Size. They looked great in their swim suits and would never even consider calling them plus sized.

America's view of being skinny has always bothered me. Did you know that Size 12 is not fat? In fact, it is the size of an average American woman. I just read the book by Meg Cabot, Size 12 is Not Fat. It wasn't what I expected, but quite enjoyable. Heather, the main character, kept getting called fat and finally got her revenge at the end. Even still, I totally agree with that title.

I think that it is good for a woman to have a little bit of "meat" on her. It makes her look healthy and besides, God made us a certain way and for certain purposes anyways. Now, I don't hate skinny girls, and I do wish I weighed less (I am working on it), but I do believe that you can be healthy even at a heavier weight or larger size.

Beyond everything, I think that our country should promote being healthy rather than skinny. This is especially needed in the entertainment industry.

Oh, and SIZE 12 IS NOT FAT!

No comments: