Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Showers

May showers for June weddings!

I am reliving last year's enjoyment of showers. You see, Jen, one of my bestest friends in the whole wide world, is getting married next month. As her matron of honor and because Beth is not here in the US, I am helping her out as a wing woman. Not that I wouldn't should Beth be here, but I am enjoying the time I get to spend with her.

It is so exciting to see her receiving the items she needs to build a home. She has picked out the most lovely dishes. She also has very lovely china. I, myself, didn't register for china because I wanted to get all my place settings for my dishes, which were $30 a place setting. I ended up getting all of them because of that. Plus, we wouldn't have had storage or constant use for them anyways.

I giggled at a few of the things she and Ben registered for. For example, this fat chef stuff. It is cute and very frenchish, or at least reminds me of France. I feel like breaking into a whole French accent talking about it.

The other cute thing was this little novelty egg pan. I had to get the matching spatula for her.

I have known Jen for a little over 22 years. Yes, that would be her entire life. I have always been the oldest out of our trio which includes Beth. Beth is my age, except that her birthday falls in November, so that put her a year behind me in school because my birthday is in August.

I always felt like we were the sisters we never had. We all have brothers, but no sisters. That is probably why we all got so close.

We have some great memories from over the years. Some include spiders, roomieing, hanging out, and church stuff. I just know that we will all be like that through the end of our lives. I can imagine it now... rocking on a porch, recalling the good ole days.

Showers are fun and tiring. I hosted the one she had on Saturday. We played games and had good food. I also went to the one she had in Greensboro on Sunday. That one was fun, too. We took a lot of pictures and enjoyed a lovely chocolate fountain.

There is only one thing I wish during all of these showers and wedding stuff. I wish that Beth was here. The time is counting down, though, for her coming back from Africa to visit. Yay for June 7th!

All in all, Jen getting married excites me and scares me. It excites me because she is going to be so happy, Ben is an awesome man, and they are in love. It scares me because we are getting old. At least old enough to be married women!

No comments: