Sunday, February 25, 2007

Being an Aunt

Andrew William Stuart
February 19, 2007
6:07am
7lbs 12 oz
21 inches
Some people would call me a fanatical or camera happy Aunt. I am not denying those accusations at all. I certainly have taken enough pictures of the little tyke to make even a full album and he is only a week old!

But how do I really feel about being an Aunt? I am absolutely thrilled. I was even asked at one point before Andrew was born about how I was coping. Coping? Coping with what? My brother and sister-in-law having a baby before me? No need for coping as I still don't even want kids. How do I explain that to regular people? I just nod and smile and say, "I'm great."

I could fit the role of mother well, I just don't want to be. Well, technically, I am a bird Mom.

The real question is how do I feel about my brother being a Dad? That's a real loaded question! It is still surreal to me. I can hardly believe it. Now, his life fully revolves around his baby and taking care of his wife.

What do I think of my nephew? Well, me being the biased Aunt that I am, I think he is the most beautiful baby ever. But, that's just me. Now, I am not discounting the 6 nieces and nephews that Rodney came with. Andrew is just the first "blood" baby that we have in our family. For that, he will be the most spoiled rotten (being the first grandbaby for both sets of grandparents).

I will say that it is amazing to me that God made Andrew. I could just sit there and stare at the beauty of His creation. In fact, the other day I just sat there and stared at the little fella for a hour. God is good!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my god that last pic is the cutest thing ive ever seen


i want him!! do they need a babysitter???

Anonymous said...

Indeed, he is the most beautiful baby ever! I love him and Rachel so much...