Friday, March 28, 2008

Chipotle Mexican Grill

Ok. So I don't eat out much. Nor would I have ever thought I would fall in love with anything from a "fast food" chain. However, I am in love with Chipotle's Chicken Fajita Burrito. It is super awesome. I have had it twice and I could have it again and again.

I was first introduced to Chipotle about a month ago. My friend Julieanna and I got together for lunch in Chapel Hill and decided to go there. I wasn't sure what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised. While the number of their menu items is relatively limited, the food is excellent. It is fresh and prepared in front of you.

I would go as far to say that I like Chipotle's burritos better than Moe's or Qdoba. They are fresh and light. Basically what makes the fajita burrito good (outside of the good chicken) is this: they use an awesome cilantro-lime rice (I don't like too much cilantro, but this is just right), onions and green peppers sauteed in soy oil (instead of beans), and a plethora of toppings, of which I enjoy adding their fresh salsa, sour cream, cheese, and lettuce. I really need to try some of their other menu options, but I am totally relishing this one particular burrito.

What brought me there yesterday was a free burrito coupon. Not even I can turn down free food. It was something different from the diet of bars and slimming shakes I have been on for the past week. However, I didn't feel guilty for eating my free burrito after my low-cal week.

Chipotle has a "Food with Integrity" mission as compared to the norm of fast food. Their ingredients are mostly all-natural. I like that. Oh, and I really enjoyed the all-natural juice they had as a beverage option (pineapple, orange, and banana mix). Yum!

Random fact about Chipotle.... it is connected to McDonald's. Crazy, eh?

I like my meat, but vegans could eat well there too. =)

No comments: