Friday, March 14, 2008

Unbelievable!

I can't believe this.... I am frustrated and sad. We are out there to help people, and I believe we have helped and saved birds. When one can't even share a different point-of-view, it really bothers me. We were a part of this particular forum (which will remain unnamed as I won't defame them) and I just wish it could have been different.


Single parrots???? Small cages???? Handraising???? Clipped wings??? C'mon. I just can't believe that we are so controversial. This is the only forum that has ever completely disagreed with our views. We are a part of 3 other forums actively and a few others not real actively and will continue to be a part of those.


Re: handraising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnathan *****
Hi Rodney and Tamara,

As you know at ******** *** ****** we promote species appropriate pair keeping. Some examples of anti-species appropriate keeping - advocating or supporting single parrots, small cages, hand raising of babies, clipped wings.

I am going to have to ask you to remove the pictures you posted that make it clear your babies are hand raised. We love seeing pics of the lovebirds and we welcome you to post more pictures. However we cannot let other members think that we would promote handfeeding.

We are going to go ahead and remove the ones that we feel are inappropriate for this forum.Your lovebirds are adorable and I hope this doesn't discourage you from posting more pictures of them in the future.

Thank you and have a wonderful day

Johnathan
*****-
I posted for the first time in a long time today on your forum. I was angered, sad, and disappointed in the closed-mindedness of this administrator. The sad part of this all is that you invited us to join this forum and this was the very 1st forum we ever joined on the web. Even in the past when highly debatable topics came up, I have never felt so defamed, slandered, or wronged. I am sorry that we disagree with some of your views and the views of this forum. To be honest with you, when everyone just allows themselves to agree with everything that is said and not allow any other views to be discussed or shown, it shows very closed-mindedness. It hurts us, but we have decided to no longer be a part of this forum. In fact, we would ask that you remove all of threads and posts throughout this forum to protect our integrity as a credible aviary. Thanks so much for the respect you have showed us in the past.
~~Tamara (& Rodney)


This is what they saw so offensive:
**************
Now you all are in for it! I am going to post some baby pictures.
(You have been warned.)

Faith (aka Mar)


Hope (aka Tudor on top) and Faith (aka Mar on bottom)


The Hobbits


Kiwi (boy) & Gizmo (female)


Luna, Sunny, and Star (the little one)


Love (aka Jake!)


Irene (aka Joy) and Jake (aka Love)



Roxy Sky and Rainbow


Bella (aka Sunshine)



Top left, Trinket, to the right is Mango, and on the bottom is Coconut.



Cherry and Apple



Mango



One of my piano students, Mary Beth, with Trinket


All 5 Fruity Babies (with Mango's booty!)



10 Babies! (And yes, I can name everyone of 'em.)



Musical Babies! (Cookie is bottom left, Harmony is on Cookie's right)



Sapphire has actually regurgitated to Ruby!




Opal




Pearl




...and me with the biggest baby of them all, my 2.5 year-old BeBe!

~Rodney
****************
Is that post so controversial? Thank you. I didn't think so either.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean! When I was pregnant with Will, I guess about a year and a half ago, our pump died. The pump company said it would be $1000 to replace it. There is no way we would have been able to pay that without skipping on like all our bills! I was seriously stressing out. I should have put my faith in God to take care of me. I would have been more relaxed and cried alot less. When the guys came out to fix our pump, the owner called and said that even though it wasn't under warranty he was going to put in the order saying it was. All in all it cost us 200 dollars for the labor. And to top that off, he didn't charge us for the 5 hours his guys were out there. God sent that kind man to show us to trust in Him, and He will always provide for us!! He is so good, and yet many times we dont see what God is doing until after it is done. We are quick to become stressed, angry, and frustrated, when we should be trusting and faithful. The Bible says that He will take care of us always. I am constantly reminded of God's goodness and grace also!!

Anonymous said...

well, that's what I get for being on the computer so late. The comment I posted about my pump was meant for the "Trusting in Him" Post. Oh well I guess!