Thursday, January 14, 2010

Tipping...

I have always had this strong feeling that tipping is so important. Of course, it is different in different countries, but most of the restaurants in the US pay their waiters/tresses crappy money, so they depend on the tips to make up for it. This includes delivery people as well.

I was always raised to tip. My parents do it and now even more so that I see people, like my business team, blessing people who work hard. And yes they do work hard. I have a hard time when people blame their servers for the bad food. Yes, there does come a point where the service is just as important, and if someone gives me really crappy service, I'll tip less but still usually my 15-20% minimum.

The point is that you never know what's going on for that person if they do give you bad service. Also, as I mentioned before, they depend on the tips. So, if you don't want to tip, don't go out to eat or get delivery.

1 comment:

Olive Tree said...

Hi, it's a great blog.
I could tell how much efforts you've taken on it.
Keep doing!