Monday, March 07, 2005

update on the wedding

So, I am much relieved that I can put quite a number of huge check marks on my list for stuff to do for the wedding. I have an awesome director who just keeps me in line and makes me get stuff done. Boy, am I glad I have her doing that. Otherwise, I would be sooo slack.

The weekend before this past weekend, I met up with the majority of my bridesmaids. I was so glad when everyone showed up because I wasn't sure if everyone would find it, etc. We had a blast over lunch (on me, of course) just talking and catching up. Then we headed over to David's Bridal in Greensboro and they tried on tops for their "dresses." I had so much fun watching them try on stuff. It was cool because they had a choice and I got a preview and the chance to express my opinion (which is a good thing for a bride.... as long as they aren't becoming bridezilla). I took pictures, we hung out, and overall just had fun. Everyone ended up picking a different top which really excites me. They are all going to be so beautiful! On top of all that I got to ride there and back with Andrea which was a lot of fun. It was nice to catch up and hang out with everyone. I miss you all soooo much!

Well, last Monday, after getting all the bridesmaid dresses, I dragged Rodney over to After Hours formal wear and we picked the tuxes. Big Check Mark Number 2. The groomsmen, with the exception of Bob, will all be wearing the matching apple red vests (the bridesmaids are wearing that red) as well as my brother Tim, an usher. The Dads will be wearing a dark blue vest, and Rodney will be wearing platinum. It was fun watching Rodney get measured!

Then, this past weekend, we got registered!!! Finally! Our first stop was Bed, Bath, and Beyond. The majority of our stuff is from there. We even got our flatware from there. It was a blast picking out stuff. I think we spent like 2 and a half hours there.

Then we went to Kohl's. They used to be an awesome place to register, but the amount of good stuff there has seemingly decreased. We still did register for some stuff there, but not as much as I had anticipated. It was trying to get our stuff downloaded from the scanner that became the hassle. It took them 30 minutes to close out our scanning. Apparently, there was no one there who really knew how to mess with the scanner. We ended up being late for our 2 o'clock appointment at Belk. Which was our third stop.

I didn't really think I would register for a lot of stuff at Belk, but we found our dishes! That was the biggest thing. It is the Linea Pfaltzgraff pattern. I checked out our pattern on Pfaltzgraff.com and the price is actually better there, so we registered at that website too. It had a couple pieces that weren't at Belk, but Belk had a couple of pieces not on the website. You can probably find our pattern at the outlet in Burlington and/or Smithfield. Here is a picture of our pattern: http://www.pfaltzgraff.com/profiles/catalog/search.asp?UID=2005030714125911&Query=Linea. I personally think it looks elegant, but not too much so that it couldn't be used on an everyday basis.

The last place we registered was at Dillard's yesterday. We actually got a good amount of stuff there too. We found some decorative towels and a good number of serving dishes we want/need.
Anyways, if you are wondering what we have registered for, you can go to any of those stores and search for my name, my fiance's name, or even our wedding date in their gift registries. You can also visit the stores online and search for us in the gift registries; they even offer free shipping! Otherwise, you can just come to the shower on May 21st!

Other than all of that, we are just hounding away at some of the details, hashing out ideas, and just slowly checking them all off. Our latest idea... perhaps a cake shaped like Minas Tirith with little LOTR figures and of course Aragorn and Arwen at the top. LOL.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tamara its Andis friend Nicole. I cant believe you had problem at Kohls. Stephen and I did too! It was awful! Took absolutely forever. Same thing with the china too. We registered at Belk and then found it cheaper on the website. I didnt really think Id like china but after getting some its really pretty and cool to have. We just picked out Stephens tux last weekend. He got black with a silver vest. Course we havent ORDERED it yet. Which I guess we really should. I am so impressed with yall. You seem to really be on top of things. Our wedding is about four weeks away and we are finding there are just thousands of things to do! lol
Well good luck and good luck with med school stuff. VERY impressive :-)