Monday, April 10, 2006

Louisville, Kentucky




I really like travelling. Even if it is for business. Really, this past weekend was awesome. I feel re-energized and excited.

Rodney and I got to stay in our own room, actually executive suite, and just had a ball. It was just fun getting away for awhile. We had a packed house at Freedom Hall, too!

I did, however, fall down a flight of stairs. It was slippery, ok?! LOL. No, it really did hurt. I got a couple of bruises and my upper body is still a bit sore where I tried to catch myself. I didn't really get hurt too bad. Mainly, I just have some soreness and bruises.

The Lord parted the storms and spared us. Yeah, so there were some really bad thunderstorms that came through on Friday. Tornadoes, hail, wind, rain, the whole pie. Remarkably, Louisville was spared the brunt of it, at least while we were staring at a screen that had us under a tornado warning at one point while we were in the hotel. We ended up just getting clipped by that one. By the time we headed off to the colliseum, the Lord had parted the storms to either side of Louisville. In fact, you could see the lines of storms surrounding the Louisville area off in the distance while we stood in the beautifully sunlit, perfectly tempered outside of the colliseum.

The storms did finally roll into the Louisville area while we were in the colliseum, but there was a hedge of protection at least on that side of Louisville. The same can't be said of downtown, where the Galt House, our hotel, was. A tornado touched down about 20 blocks from the hotel prompting an evacuation to the lobby for everyone in the hotel (the poor chess tournament people and our sleepy bus drivers!).

I didn't hear of any damage to our hotel or anything; perhaps the 20 blocks were directly across the Ohio River, to which our hotel has a riverfront view.

The bus drive was alright this time. I didn't nearly suffer the lack of sleep that I did the last time I rode all night on a bus. I managed to get comfortable probably because I remembered our squishy blue pillows which gave my head support. Rodney actually managed to get comfy on the inside seat (though my favorite seat, I let him have it... his legs were a bit cramped but that's where he wanted to sit!).

Thankfully, we didn't really have any night owls this weekend so Rodney and I were able to catch at least a few ZZZs. The food was fantastic, at least the 2 times we ate out for lunch/dinner. Rodney does blame some bad fish he had for some throwing up he did periodically on Friday night and Saturday morning, but he managed to still have a good weekend.

The new people made the weekend fun too. It was cool to see their excitement and awe at the 18,000+ people who filled the entire colliseum up. I also have never see so many people respond to the message on Sunday morning. At first there were about the same as usual, but then the entire floor seating area was filled with people looking to give their life over eternally. It was AWESOME! We even had some of our team to respond. AMEN!

All in all, it was a most excellent weekend and I am looking forwards to the future of our business, the exponential growth that we are going to have, and most of all to a most prosperous future (in all aspects of our life).

No comments: