Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The Dress for My Brother's Wedding

This is my dress for Thomas and Rachel's wedding. I like it a lot. I love it when we have control of what dress, or at least top, we can wear. It always looks good. I will tell you that I was a bit worried when she picked mystic purple, but not because I don't like the color because I do love it. There just happens to be a lot less variety in that color as far as styles go, but I found something, so it's all good! I let my bridesmaids pick their tops in red and everyone looked so awesome. Even though my wedding was "my day" I wanted everyone to look good. On Jen's day, everyone looked so beautiful! This does work! I really honestly believe that you cannot pick one dress that looks good on everyone, unless all your bridesmaids are all the same size and body shape. Plus, when we were picking the dresses out, I got to see what everyone picked out and how it looked on them. That's the joy of David's Bridal. I also like the fact that when we pick our own tops, usually we avoid alterations. That is definitely a money saver. Rachel is letting us pick out our shoes as long as they are silver. Jen did the same thing for her wedding in white (her dresses were periwinkle) as well as I did in black. It is so smart to just pick a color for the shoes and let your attendees do the picking. You end up with the control of how much money you spend and whether or not you want to enjoy fashion or foot pain. We all have such different feet and it is considerate to think of that. Anyways, I just thought I'd share what my dress looks like. I definitely look forwards to wearing it again, just because I know I will be able to (because it looks good). I know I will be able to wear the dress I had for Jen's wedding again too. Bring on the formals!

No comments: