Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Giving Thanks

So, even though I know it's past Thanksgiving, I decided to go ahead and give my thoughts on what I am thankful for.

First and foremost, I am thankful for God. I am thankful that I have a place in heaven because of His son. I am thankful that He created me as I am.

I am thankful for Rodney. I couldn't have asked for a more charming, wonderful man to spend the rest of my life with. He makes me happy. He inspires me and he has such a wonderful talent for composing music that touches everyone that hears it in some way or another. He has a loving heart and takes care of me. He has made me a better woman.

I am thankful for my Mother. She is a beautiful, loving Christian woman who has taken care of me through thick and thin. She is an example to me and teaches me everyday how I should live better. She loves me even when I disappoint her. She is a great cook and always is willing to listen when I need her. I have great pride in having her for a mom.

I am thankful for my Father. He is a great Christian leader in Church and at home. He makes me proud and always shows me how to be a better person. He gives advice even when I don't want to hear it and helps me no matter what. He shares his life with others while helping them. He loves me unconditionally.

I am thankful for my brothers. They both are wonderful men. They take care of me and straighten me out when I need straightening. They always give me a different, sometimes better, perspective on things. They kill bugs for me and fix my computer. They will make wonderful husbands and fathers someday (should it be God's will). They love me as I love them.

I am thankful for my extended family (grandma, aunts, uncle, cousins). They bring happiness with them when I see them. I can't stop smiling in their presence and they always care about what's going on in my life. They are a blessing to have and I always enjoy seeing them.

I am thankful for my friends. They take care of me and listen when I need them. They let me cry on them and encourage me. They keep me in line and even when we haven't seen each other in awhile, everything still feels the same. They support my dreams and help me strive to reach them. They love me for me and accept (and forgive) my faults.

I am thankful for my pets. They always bring joy into my life. They make me laugh and make life more interesting. They will let me snuggle with them and they let me hug them. They always have an open ear!

I am thankful for Rodney's family. They have accepted me as part of the family since the start. They are a wonderful group of people and I always enjoy spending time with them. They have let me take Rodney away from them! I am so blessed to have wonderful future in-laws.

I am thankful for my job. I have such great bosses. They really make the work environment interesting and inspiring. They let me babble on and put up with me. I enjoy going to work. I love interacting with students.

I am thankful for my church. They are a huge resource and are more of an extended family. The people care about me and what I am up to. I feel comfortable there and the love of God shines through them.

I am thankful for my car. I am thankful that it is paid off with the help of some awesome, loving people. I am glad it gets me where I need to go even when it has its quirks.

I am thankful for God's creation. Without the beauty that surrounds us life would not be nearly as interesting or gorgeous.

I am thankful for my life. I am glad God created me the way I am, unique. I am blessed to have been raised in a loving, Christian environment. I am thankful that I can breathe this very moment and that I am healthy.

I could go on and on.....
What are you thankful for?

No comments: