Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Living for Today

So what is it about today? Well, first of all, you are alive. So what is it about tomorrow that has everyone worried? Matthew 6:34 says, "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

Ok, great, but I have a hard time not worrying about tomorrow. However, it's about letting go. The best thing you can do for tomorrow is live in the moment that you are in right now. Life is beautiful. Life is a blessing. Life is good.

No matter what, there is a plan laid out for me. Even if I don't believe it. There is a certain timeline for everything in my life and I have to trust it. Grace is the gift given to allow me to live right now.

There is beauty in everything that surrounds me. In the sky, in my loved ones, in the fall colors, the cool crisp breeze, in the stars. We tend to overlook the beauty right now for a fear or worry of tomorrow. This is a true travesty.

We must cherish the time we had, have, or will have with our loved ones. In a blink of an eye, we may lose them. Thus, living in the moment, right now, with them is the key. This is our blessing. Show them the joy that you have for them.

Love, joy, peace, beauty.... all the things we are blessed with.... take it in and enjoy it.... in this very moment!


In dedication to Evelyn Littleton, loving mother of 4 beautiful children (her legacy), wife, and faithful, Christian woman. Rest in peace sister. (October 2, 1958 - November 11, 2004)

No comments: