Sunday, May 20, 2007

High School Yearbook

Trying to swart a case of slight insomnia and also looking up pictures of some people I was trying to remember how they looked in high school, I spent some time reading some of the "autographs" I got in my Senior Yearbook.

Let me tell you something.... the people I went to high school with who signed my yearbook my Senior year were so amazingly nice. So nice, in fact, that I started to cry. Yes, cry.

I totally recommend that if you need a lifter upper, that you read your high school yearbook signatures. I was amazed at how many people believed in me, said nice things about me, and just were friends to me.

Now, I don't believe that a person should live in regret, but I do believe you should take a trip down nostalgia lane and help yourself remember to be a better person to those around you.

I wish I had kept in touch with more people. Especially those who I could've.

One of the most wonderful friendships that I neglected was my friendship with Dinara Turabekova from Kyrgyzstan. Somehow, her address got misplaced, and with good intentions I had planned on getting her address from her host family, but never got the guts to "re-ask" them for it. I read the entry in my yearbook tonight and flat out cried. Every time we sing "Shine Jesus Shine" at church I think of her. She really did touch me with her life and heart while she was here, and I often reflect on how I wish I had kept in touch.

Many others tugged at my heart with their entries into my yearbook. I thank you for being so kind and encouraging in your words. I also thank you for the memories. Sometimes we reflect back and wonder what happened to "so and so." Well, you do have that chance to reconnect. And, I would do it.

Thank goodness for things like Facebook.

Also, can you believe I have been out of high school for 7 years? Whoa.

Dinara- I googled your name tonight and found it but with no contact info. I would love to reconnect! Remember Volleyball? That night on the bus? Yeah, I'm that lost friend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=9750684&op=1&o=global&view=global&subj=1337391212&id=893775516#!/profile.php?id=503196171&ref=sgm

Unknown said...

Thanks! I reconnected with her awhile back! It was so awesome to! :)