Monday, March 01, 2010

On my mind on I-85...

Other than dodging pot holes today on my 3.5 hour drive from Richmond, VA, I actually authored a blog. :)
So, without further ado...

Wandering Ponderer

The Road Ahead and Behind
Have you ever just sat down and pondered over the paths and roads you taken in your life? Then, you realized that every road you have taken has lead you exactly to where you are now... Seems silly to write it that way, but really in every decision we've made in our life, the consequences (good and bad) have brought us to exactly this point in our life. For me, I know I wouldn't change a thing as I know that every choice I've made in my life and every event, person, and thing has happened for a reason. Sure, things could be different if I had taken different turns along my journey. Would I really go back and change that? No.

Something good, even though not always obvious at first, has seemingly come from every choice I've made. I just wouldn't be who I am today without the people who have journeyed with me and the road I've decided to take. It's when you step out on faith that can be the most scary moment but also can lead you down the most rewarding path.

Frodo puts my thoughts it in very choice words from Lord of the Rings: "Remember what Bilbo used to say: 'It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door,' he used to say. 'You step onto the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to.'"

It's hard sometimes, though, because you can feel so broken inside when the people around you don't understand the choices you make along your journey. However, when you know for sure, prayerfully and meditatively, that you are walking your journey the way it was meant to be traveled, a sense of peace waves over you.

Happy & Holy!
I believe in my heart that Holy AND Happy living can be combined. Why would God design it any other way? We get one chance to live for Him on this earth and sometimes doing what's best for your path may not appear to be one or the other or both even. Ultimately, though, I'm a firm believer that it is important to have both in your life.

I'm not perfect. I admit that fully, nor do I live under the premise AT ALL that I am even close to perfect nor do I claim to be "experienced in life." Far from it, in fact. I just do my best to live the best way I know how and love unconditionally. Love comes in many different forms as well. Sometimes you just have to make the tough decisions that will ultimately be the right or best decision later, even if they don't seem like it now.

Rather than live "resigned," I choose to live "designed."
I also feel like when you resign yourself to a way of life that isn't ultimately designed for you and your path, that it can be hard to live a fulfilled and Holy life. Many times that leads to resentment of the situation and people involved. Personally, I feel that interferes with my unconditional love philosophy for my life.

Cliché
I would rather hurt sometimes than feel nothing at all. Yeah, that's totally cliché, but it is a reminder of when I'm curving off from what is really designed for my journey. This goes for life, love, and business.

Against the flow?
I always remind myself that to be a part of one direction decisively will not be understood by those going in the opposite direction. It is, however, my hope that, in time, my journey will be looked upon and, in the end, viewed and seen by my Lord and Savior only as the best way for me to live Holy and Happy for Him. I'm not living my life for other people and I have to constantly remind myself of that.

Conclusion?
You can agree or disagree, but this is where I'm at right now. Sometimes the harder path right now will turn out to be easier long term and vice versa. It may not seem fair that it is, but yea, that's life.


Enjoy the calm moments of life and meditate over your own journey...

No comments: