Thursday, October 21, 2004

My Fiance

So I thought it was about time to let you all know who my fiance is really. Honestly, he is a great and wonderful Christian man. The best thing about him is that he makes me happy. I can't say that we haven't had our ups and downs, but I can say that we were friends first.

I met Rodney Carlyle Money my freshman year in college on the Wellness floor. He lived on the opposite side. I first knew him by name. I kept seeing all these signs around the floor that said, "wrong side, Rodney," or "this is the girl's bathroom, rodney." I pondered on these weird signs for quite some time before finding out what it was all about. I first laid eyes on him when I crutched my way off the elevator into our lobby a week after school started. Here was this goofy guy, sitting on the couch with a backwards black taxicab hat talking about playing trumpet. Well, that peaked my interest because I play trumpet too! After getting to know each other and going through the saga of getting together, we started a relationship.

That relationship has since blossomed into a future marriage. He said he knew he was going to marry me not too long after we met. I, however, knew God was trying to say something to me after many, many prayers for my future husband, but was cautious. I am happy to say that I love him and being with him.

Rodney is an interesting guy. First of all, he is a music composer. He is not just any ordinary composer, however. He is an amazingly talented composer! He finds some way to touch everyone in the audience of the performances of his pieces. In fact, when he asked me out the night we started dating he hooked me with a piece he wrote and sang to and for me. You can ask anyone who has ever heard his music! Amazingly enough he has already made money composing lots of commissions and even can claim fame to an alma mater he wrote for a high school in the county he is from.

Next, Rodney loves parrots! Parrots are his hobby, but I have created a love in him for dogs as well. I encouraged him to apply for a position at the humane society near Appalachian State, and he has saved many animals. Parrots are his first love because of a parrot named "George." George was a wonderful pet of his (his favorite) before college. Heartbreakingly, he had to give up all his parrots when he went off to college. He has a way with parrots like no other person I have ever met. He actually has helped me gain confidence in my dealings with parrots. And, yes, we will have parrots and Jack Russell Terriers in the future.

Thirdly, Rodney is an amazing teacher. He may not see it right now, but he will make a great teacher in the future. He has already touched the lives of many high school kids at Cannon Music Camp. I know this because of the way the students interact with him. They adore him. I know that he will not have any problems getting a job in the future!

Fourthly, and most importantly, Rodney loves God. He loves God more than music, parrots, his family, and me (this is the way its supposed to be). I am blessed to be marrying a man who has faith in God and lives to glorify Him. He glorifies God in his music and in his life. I love praying with him and studying the Bible with him. It is such a blessing to worship next to him during church or devotionals.

Fifthly, he has a very large family. We have been through a lot together especially when it comes to his family. He lost all of his grandparents in the time that we have been together. I was there for him. He was there for me during my Mom's cancer as well. I love his family. They are truly a wonderful bunch of people, who also love God dearly. My family is very small in comparison, so it has been a slight adjustment. I was first exposed to his large family the first Christmas after we started dating. They took me in as though I was already part of the family and I loved it!

Rodney has a blended family. His mother passed away when he was ten of cancer. In fact, he was her miracle child as she had him while she had cancer. The doctor even told her to abort him. But, thankfully, she decided to have him. His father remarried some time later after she passed away.

Rodney's friends are a great crowd. I am thankful to know them and enjoy their company. I am glad that they have allowed me to steal him away so much! I even think of his bestest friends as my brothers because they tend to take care of me like a sister. They have never created stress for me as they accepted me into their lives. Thanks guys!

I could say so much more about Rodney, but you can just ask me! I hope that you, if you haven't already, can meet him someday.

No comments: