Saturday, October 09, 2004

Wedding Stuffs

So, I'm starting to get really annoyed with all the companies contacting me about the wedding services they offer. I mean, come on! I just got engaged at the end of August and they expect me to have planned it already. The other really annoying thing is that I have to keep correcting all of these companies in the pronunciation of my name. It is not "ta-mare-ra" or "tomorrow!" It is pronounced "Tam-ra" and that rhymes with "camera."

You might call me weird, but I have never truly laid out my wedding dreams since I was a young girl. Yeah, I thought about it, but I never made a decision on the colors, the flowers, etc. One thing is true: I have always desired to be married in the church that I grew up in. I do get it for free and it is the only place that would fit everyone (Rodney and I know a lot of people), but those are just the perks. Since they remodelled, things are just absolutely gorgeous now. All I have to say is, "Thankyou Jesus! The nasty, pukey, yellow carpet is gone!"

One thing I do have is my dress. It is beautiful! Jen and Beth were extremely helpful in helping me narrow down the best styles for me a week before I bought my dress (thanks girlies, I love ya). The next week, I had three lovely ladies, including my mom, help me pick it out. I can't say that when I got the pictures back I didn't have any second thoughts. However, the more and more I think about it, I know that it is the one! Here is a preview: it is strapless, white, and has beautiful embroidery. Other than that, I will have to tell you more via email (Rodney might be reading this). I did get it at David's Bridal, so I can send you a link.

Well, I am pretty much set on who is going to be in the "Bridal Party." We have all the groomsmen and I am thru asking my bridesmaids. I know who the ring bearers are (yes, I have 2) and the flower girl. I even have a director and an assistant director whom, by the way, were the other 2 lovely ladies who helped me pick out THE dress. I think I want to do an apple red for the bridesmaids dresses which is an absolutely gorgeous color of red. It is not "fire-engine red" but deeper and darker. Plus, I think it will look gorgeous on all of my bridesmaids.

I officially have one person with the title "maid of honor" but technically speaking I will have 3. It was excruciating to choose someone, because I love all three of my bestest buddies equally. So, I compromised, allowing all three the "maid of honor priveleges." I know that they are all going to take awesome care of me on the special day.

I am still trying to figure out the list of things I have to have or do before I get married. I don't have the list yet, but I can check off something blue and something old. Julie Anna and Frank got me a beautifully, hand-embroidered hankerchief from an antique shop. I adore it, and I plan on stuffing it in my bouquet on THE day.

Well, that's all I have for you for now. Glad you made it through!

No comments: