Sunday, January 02, 2005

Webmaster

Now, I definitely would not call myself a "Web Master" as usually I am not very good at webpage stuff. I used to be and had quite an extensive webpage back when I was in high school. That, however, was back in the day when I used Microsoft Word to create it. I am not completely clueless when it comes to html, etc. because I can navigate myself around and cut and paste the code. If you were to ask me to write it from memory, that is a different story.

Well, I have been working on the page for my campus ministry at my church. I kindof took it on because I knew that my brother Tim is good at the stuff. I figured all along that I would end up being the one who took the job, and that he would help teach me. He definitely knows his stuff.

My Dad, perhaps, was the best help in all of the work that was put in. I can say that I designed everything, typed it up, and put it up with the exception of the directory. That was pure torture as the formatting was insane. It had to be completely redone because "dreamweaver" (aka "hades weaver" sometimes) doesn't like certain table formats. He probably spent 2 hours just formatting and posting the thing. My Dad did take care of some of the logistics of the site that had to be done in a program named "Zope" (which should be called "dopey" because you would have to be a dope to want to use it).

I have been kindof obsessed with my perfectionism on this site. If something is not right, I want it fixed, and I want it fixed right now! But, doing the site has taught me patience and a lot about updating and making a webpage. I am pretty proud of all the work I have done, mostly because it was so hard and I overcame the hardness!

Check it out sometime: MyCampusMinistry

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What about Zope don't you like? There is actually a very large and active community of users and developers for it. Perhaps you should check out the mailing lists or IRC channels.

- WebMaven