Thursday, February 02, 2006

Weight loss and Jen's Wedding

So whoa, I need to hit the fast track to losing weight immediately. I thought I had almost a year and a half to lose the target weight that I want to lose before Jen and Ben's wedding, but they have changed the date! I am extremely excited and putting myself out there to help them out in getting this thing done. They are actually eloping on May 30, but planning on having a ceremony in June. That gives me 4 months. No more calories for me.... well, at least excessive ones at that.

Anyways, I have changed my diet already. I have been bringing relatively healthy things for lunch with me. The majority of the food I get through my business is healthy anyways, so it makes it just that much easier. Sometimes, I long for some of the junk in the cafeteria on campus, especially since I can smell it down the hall in my office. But, I know that I can't do that!

My work schedule is changing next week so that now I can actually spend sometime in the gym for which I have a key on my apartment grounds (and have not used up until this point!). That actually really excites me because I miss working out. I always had so much more energy when I did. Plus, I lost a lot of weight when I was working out.

I will try to think of it as a semester to lose weight. When I was taking jogging and conditioning the spring semester of 2003, I really was on the fast track for losing weight. The one thing I miss doing in my workout is swimming. If I had the money, I probably would join the YMCA so I could do my laps. I lost so much weight when I was doing that. I also enjoyed it very much. Beth actually got me into the whole swimming thing. She is a much better swimmer than me, and truly, I can never thank her fully for the advice and tips she gave me in teaching me how to do laps.

In the end, the goal will be for you to see "less of me" on a daily to weekly basis. If you see me cheating, just give me a friendly reminder that one of my best friends is getting married soon!

HOLD ME ACCOUNTABLE!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! Hope all is well up there havn't heard much from you.

Anonymous said...

^--hehe That was me. Colin.